Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ramblings...

Wow, I haven't posted in ages! I often have the thought, "I should blog about this" or "This is SO blogworthy" but then time slips away and I never get around to it. Work, the house, and everything else leaves me little time these days...

So, in honor of waking up at 7:45am on a Sunday, here's a few ramblings for you:

First, I love "Twilight". Darn it, I can't help it.

I got "bitten", if you will, by the vampire bug. I'm even listening to the soundtrack now, which has a some cool songs on it. It's funny I love the movie, but hated the book the first time I tried reading it. Spurred on by my new bug of the vampire virus, I'm going to try to read it again. I'm completely stoked about seeing "New Moon" next month as well. What can I say? I never really grew out of these things...



My Boo and I went to see Mary Poppins this past week. I won tickets on Facebook by being the first person to correctly define "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious". (Sp???). We walked in and the first thing my Boo said was "I didn't think there would be this many kids here!". Well, it was Mary Poppins we decided. All the little people aside, it was a really cute show with cool sets, colorful costumes and fun songs. My advice, if you go see this show, don't sit too close to the stage. We were able to see the wires and other things that would have been hidden if we were not so close. Even seeing the wires, it was amazing some of the things they did. At one point, the character Bert, walks up one side of the stage (the wall), across the top, tap dances upside down and walks back down the other side of the stage. Even seeing the wire, I was still amazed that someone could do that. I still haven't figured out how they made her fly over the audience but it was very fun. If you have a chance to see it while it's here, I would recommend it.

Work. Well, work is good some days and not so good other days. I do enjoy most of the people I work with (Boo especially) but I have these moments when I think, "What in the hell am I doing here?!?". I hate that feeling. I know many people who are just fine taking a little time to "coast" in life. I'm not one of those people. It bothers me to think that I'm in a job where I will not learn anything new, never move up or really make any difference to anyone. That's pretty much how I'm feeling at this point. The hard part is deciding what purpose it can serve me. Of course, it helps pay my bills right now but long term, what is the point of this job? Is it time to look around, perhaps dip my big toe in the mortgage waters again? Or, is it time to stay here and go back to school part time until it's time to go to school full time and see this position as a "means to an end"? I haven't quite figured it out yet but I need to make a decision quickly. I think the attorney I work with will be a partner soon and that means he won't just be somewhat of an arse but a complete arse! If I have a goal in my mind, that will help me keep my comments silent rather than out loud...

There are many things political that I want to blog about and catch up on but I need to gather my thoughts and put something together that will actually make sense!

More later, for now....Shalom Out!

No comments: