Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's a real tree this year Charlie Brown...

Yes, I have my very first real Christmas tree this year. It's our eclectic tree this year. We have our lovely Lenox snowflake ornaments, various ornaments that we've collected from different vacations to New York, hand blown glass ornaments from my Boo's granddad from over the years and our Swarovski crystal star ornaments that I love so much.

This was before we pushed it back in the corner.  It turned our pretty cute and putting up each ornament is like going back and remembering the time you bought it or the person who gave it to you.  I love that.  I always write on the box when the ornaments were bought, the date and where they were purchased.  Unless, of course, someone gave it to us, then I record that information.  I didn't do the Radko tree this year.  There's just not enough room for a huge tree like that.  I will be making my stop at North Pole City in Oklahoma City on our way to Kansas to peruse their Radko collection.  They have a great selection and unique Radko's that you can't find anywhere else.  Maybe next year they will an appearance.  Normally, we have about four trees, each with their own themes.  The Radko ornament tree, the Lenox tree, etc..  But, for this year, less is more (we only have 500 lights on this tree if you can believe that!) and I'm perfectly happy with "less"...

3 comments:

photog said...

I'm perfectly happy with "less" this year too, particularly because it only required one run to the storage unit to retrieve decorations. And we they fit in our car. Of course, we did have to borrow Dad's truck to pick-up tree. Maybe we do need a Tahoe/Suburban.

red.hot.mamma! said...

Wow. You really have some fancy ornaments! I don't even bother with Christmas decorations anymore. I am such a ba-humbug

Kirsten said...

Gorgeous!