Wednesday, April 21, 2010

21 Days and Counting...

I did intend to update the blog more often this month! It's been a crazy month! My math class is killing me and we've just had tons going on...

So, an update to the Reimer Family April Challenge. We've done pretty good! We have eaten out twice (two lunches on the weekend) and my Boo had to eat out two days because he was at school working on his thesis. It's hard to pack a lunch in those circumstances. I think I have eaten out for lunch with the girls at work one day so far. That is pretty good for us!

It's been a bigger challenge than I imagined. It's not just about eating at home. It's the planning, shopping, cooking at home and then the clean up afterwards. It's very time consuming! One thing I have noticed is that we seem to eat out of boxes a lot. That bothers me but the challenge this month was to just eat at home. If this proves to be a success then maybe we can move on to eating less processed food and more real food.

So, 9 days to go and we will tally up the receipts and see if this little experiment really saved us some cash! For now...

Shalom Out!!

No comments: