Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Letter to M. Night Shyamalan

Dear Mr. Shyamalan,

I recently viewed your film, The Happening on DVD. All I can say is, what a complete waste of two valuable hours of my life. Plants attacking humans? What a stinker..I had previously sworn off of your films because they were such a huge disappointment. You had a great start. The Sixth Sense was a great film with an ending that totally surprised me. I still love that movie. Then, I caught the flick, The Village. WTF? That was just about as stupid as The Happening. Something happened after that initial success of The Sixth Sense. You starting trying too hard or something. You're trying to make a statement or something. It was all down hill. I completely ignored The Lady in the Water because I knew that would be ignorant, even with Paul Giamatti. Marky Mark couldn't even save The Happening and he came back from the "funky bunch" to be a huge movie star!! Mel Gibson couldn't make The Signs worth watching. I mean, really, guys dressed up in alien suits? You could have at least budgeted for some awesome CGI don't you think? Really, this isn't the Disney channel.

So, now I will have to completely swear off of your films, other than watching The Sixth Sense occasionally. Please, stop trying to make statements and get back to entertaining. Take some time, work on those endings which have been so horrible since that first success. I know you can do it, after all, you did it once. Now, do it again...

1 comment:

Travis R said...

I kinda have to agree. I kept waiting for something to actually happen...only to be let down. I nearly fell asleep. One should not be prone to falling asleep during a suspense movie. I think that is a rule somewhere.