Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A World of Good Will

In listening to the reports coming in from all over the world today, there is a world of good will for America and President-elect Obama. This is just step one. It is not a sign of weakness to have the respect of the world but a sign of hope for diplomacy.

Christiane Amanpour, CNN International Correspondent, said she was in Times Square and has never seen anything like this in U.S. elections. She likened the dancing in the streets in Washington D.C., New York, Chicago, Atlanta and other American cities to what she has seen in countries that experience their very first democratic elections. What an appropriate comparison. The long lines to vote, the excitement and the historic choice of an African American President. I'm so excited about our country right now!

1 comment:

red.hot.mamma! said...

I know! It's so amazing to see all the photos from all over the world, all those people celebrating. I had dinner with my dad on Fri night and I asked him if he ever remembers an election like this, with so many people celebrating like this and he said "never." Unfortunately, now I'm going to be nervous for the next 4-8 years of all the crazy bigots (aka Sarah Palin rally attendees) who might try to kill him. I want him to roll around in a popemobile or something!