Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Barack and his racist Pastor

Well, now Barack is being held accountable for his pastor's "racist" comments... Well, I used to attend a church here in Houston for about four years and crap, I sure don't want to be held accountable for what our pastor had to say each Sunday. He really didn't have anything to say at all except "Rah-Rah, we're Methodists!" "Whoo-Hoo, we're Methodists". I know it's not exactly newsworthy, inflammatory or racist, but it sure is stupid. I wouldn't want anyone holding me accountable for his "stupidness". Yeah, yeah, I went there for four years ...that's a whole other story...

Anyhoo..so I've listened to some of these supposed "racist" remarks that this minister made against whites. Being white myself, I was interested. Being that I voted for Barack in the primary, my curiosity was peaked. You know what I found? A whole lot of nothing! I think the one comment I've seen the most on the news was this minister saying: "not God bless America, it 's God damn America".... Well, guess what. We, as a society, have done things that would cause someone to say "God damn America." We are, in fact, doing something like that right now with our "war against terrorism" in Iraq. I would hate Americans and say "God damn America" if I lived in a country and America invaded my country, disrupted my way of life and killed my relatives for no good reason. Hello, McFly?

So, in the end, I've decided this whole "Obama has a racist minister" thing is a whole lot of crap and I think Obama was very smart in his speech to try to get past this whole race thing. We need someone who can get past the "good ole" boy politics. If nothing else, I mean at the VERY least, Obama or Clinton could stand up and give a well thought out, articulate speech that doesn't sound like it's "cow polks day at the big white house"....

No comments: