Thursday, March 6, 2008

Funny and Scary

Okay, here's a quick list of some of the scary comments from some of my professors. For those of you who don't know, I'm a full time student again this semester and it's been very interesting!

Day 1 - My math professor wants us to say our name and what our major is or what we want our career to be.
A girl next to me says: "I want to be a lawyer!"

Math Professor: "Oh no, you don't want to be a lawyer, they're all crooks!"
Me: "EXCUSE ME???" (math professor looks at me)
Math Professor: "Well, they are [crooks]. They defend criminals!!"
Me: "Uh, have you ever heard of the Constitution?"


Yep, making a big impression and it's only my first dang day!

Day 1 - My English professor, who looks like he never washes his hair, has his wrinkled dress shirt un-tucked, and I suspect goes home to watch "Lord of the Rings" movies alone every night contributed this little gem. Now, I want to start by saying he was totally serious when he said this...I'm not kidding...
The first day of class it was very hot in our room. This classroom has computers at every desk.
Student: "Man, it's really hot in here."
English Professor: "Yeah, they have to keep it hot in here so the computers don't freeze up."

Dang, I can't even type that one without laughing out loud!

Okay, last one...
This one happened a few days ago...

We have to do a research paper for my psychology class and I asked my professor this question. Keep in mind that this professor is a clinical psychologist!

Me: "Professor, do you want us to use MLA format on our research papers?"
Psych Professor: "What's that?"
Me: "Never mind."
Thought going through my mind at the same time: "Should be an easy "A"..."

Okey-dokey! Yet one more genius who is molding minds in between spilling coffee on his white shirts everyday. Seriously, I'm tempted to pull out my Tide pen and show this guy how to use it one day.

More to follow....but for now...

SHALOM OUT!

No comments: