Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Me, The Manager..

Why?  Why does this ALWAYS happen to me?  I have said for a loooong time now that all I want is to "go to work and go home."  I do not want to be a manager.  I hate being a manager. Really what I want is to be the the stay at home, do whatever I want, childless wife of an insanely wealthy lawyer.  (All said wealth being acquired DURING the marriage of course!)  I can totally get with that program!  My hubby, however cannot.  He's probably right when he tells me that I will just watch Oprah and be about 400lbs if I didn't stay busy.  No, actually that was ME that said that and I'm SO right! 

So, I started as a "Legal Assistant" AKA "File Clerk" at his law firm one month ago, yesterday. I went into this with the idea that I would learn everything I could and of course, with my personality, I started to take over.  I can't help it, it's just how I am.  As much as I tried to not do it, I did it.  I think I was trying to make decisions and boss people around on my second day. The hubby got me back in line and I thought I was doing good until....today.  As of today, the Office Manager is fired and I have now somehow gotten roped into doing her duties. How in the hell does this happen to me??  Geez, can't I just have my pee on position and be done with it already?

Please, someone tell me how to be the "pee on" and be done with it already!!!

3 comments:

Travis R said...

The only way to be a "pee on" is to do a mediocre job, show little to no initiative and generally make as little effort as possible. The problem is, those people don't last long, and they end up with a resume full of places they have worked, and no real skills to show for it.

And really, who wants to just be mediocre.

photog said...

That's what happened to the last Office Manager, God love her. She came in at 8:30, left at 5:30, had time for personal phone calls during the day, and somehow thought it was okay to send out bills in June that were dated April. Friendly and sweet, yes. Initiative and hard work, not so much.

Feisty 'Bama Princess said...

Well, I was kinda defining "pee on" as being my ability to leave work at work and do menial (sp?) tasks that any goofus could do. I didn't think about it that way. I wanted "low stress" for a change NOT mediocre. Oh no, NEVER mediocre... :) I would be the BEST "pee on"...