Friday, June 27, 2008

The Sacredness of Life

I happen to be of the belief that abortion is wrong. Yes, I am a pro-life female. Imagine that...
Anyhoo, for many years while I've been pro-life, I have also been pro-death penalty. This has been a somewhat constant debate between my Boo and I. He is staunchly anti-death penalty. I must admit, he makes an excellent point. How can you say "life is sacred" and be pro-death penalty? How can you say, "only God has the power to say when someone dies" if you are in favor of the death penalty?

Some would say, "Oh but babies are innocent". Yes, they are. Unless, you're a Baptist, then they're "little sinners"... Yes, we actually heard that in a sermon on Sunday. Glad that was my last Sunday to go there. But, I digress... I'm not trying to write a diatribe against the death penalty here. This is a tough issue. I actually go online and read the last words from the prisioners before they die by lethal injection. I think sometimes, "wow, that's a human life someone just took". Then I read what they did and it makes me think they got what they deserved.

I think that the fact that I even think about it is progress. Thanks Boo, for always making me think...

1 comment:

photog said...

In life, and in love, it is the process that teaches us more than reaching the elusive "right" answer.

Thanks for listening and loving.