Thursday, June 26, 2008

Paparazzi Gets His Booty Kicked

I saw on the news earlier this week that a paparazzi photographer got his behind womped while attempting to take photos of Matt McConaughey while he was surfing at a Malibu beach. No, Matt didn't do anything but the other local Malibu surfers did. They beat up on the photographer and dragged him into the water. Several comments could be heard on the video such as "we don't want you here", "get off our beach", etc..

This is amusing to me. No, not because I think the photographer got what he deserved. This guy was doing his job. Certainly not because I felt sorry for Matt. No, celebrities need the press as much as the press needs them as far as I'm concerned. You (actors/musicians etc) get paid huge sums of money for being a "celebrity" and living a pretty charmed life and then want to whine about your privacy. I'm amused at the people who felt the need to beat him up. How many "People", "Star", "National Enquirer", "Us" or other magazines have they purchased? Maybe none since celebrities are probably a part of their everyday lives. But, my guess is, they've purchased some of them.

This is simple supply and demand. If we, the consumer, would stop buying these magazines then the photographers would not have a job. I made a decision this year to stop reading these magazines when it finally hit me that the world is more interested in what Paris Hilton did last night than who was running for President, who is starving in the world, global warming just to name a few huge issues. Don't get me wrong, I love entertainment, movies and all of it. I just don't want to be a part of the problem anymore. People need to pay attention to their cities, states, country and the world. Hello? Who gives a crap what some loser like Paris Hilton did or does?? Pay attention to something of real importance.

1 comment:

photog said...

Can I get an "AMEN"!?!