Monday, May 26, 2008

Lola May Be On The Carmax Lot Soon...

Yes, Lola, my cute as can be 2004 VW convertible is once again on the fritz. The hubby and I got to the local grocery store today to buy some grub for our holiday lunch. We finish shopping, go to the car and guess what. Lola refuses to start. Damn! It's hot, I have ice cream melting in the back seat and all I can think about is the Honda lot close to the house...Damn car. I will never and I repeat never, buy another VW. Not even a cute one..

Of course, the hubby is okay since we're getting to drive his Mom's brand new hard top Miata tomorrow. Oh, his car is in the shop since his A/C went out last week! Damn!!

2 comments:

Travis R said...

yep, VW has a track record of having issues. Not the most reliable cars. Whatcha gonna replace it with?

photog said...

VW also doesn't have the greatest resale values. So, if I have my way - which is doubtful - we won't get anthing new until we have some positive equity. The irony of the whole situation is that she really want's a MINI - aka a BMW product - a really fun, cute car - but still a BMW product. I'm certain it will be more entertaing for me to drive (if/when we get one) but it will likely meet the same fate as Lola.

One day my princess will learn that to get that famous "Honda reliability," you have to actually buy a Honda (or perhaps an Acura, though the last RL didn't get great reliability reviews).