Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The New Boss Lady..

Last week, I was all prepared to come home and write a terrific rant on my blog about my, I mean our, new boss and how horrible she is. ("Our" meaning the hubby and I have the same boss!) I was ready to go on and on about how self absorbed, mean, demeaning and downright rude she is and how she thinks the world revolves around her. (Wrong, it revolves around me! Hello, McFly?!!) Last week was a tough week with a really big grandparent visitation case that our boss was very passionate about winning. We, including the boss, worked hard on this case. Things got a little heated at times...

Then, last night, out of nowhere, she hands my hubby a $100 dollar bill and says "take your wife out to a nice dinner, you deserve it." Wow. I didn't know what to say. Then, tonight, she asks us to go for a quick drink after work and it ends up being two bottles of wine, two pizza's, an appetizer and dessert at Carrabba's. She spent over $100 dollars on dinner tonight. In just a few days, I've changed my opinion of her and not just because she bought us food. She really is passionate and just wants things to be right. She's damn good at what she does and I admire that. I think I get her. Even when I had my worst thoughts about her over the last two weeks, there was some part of me that still really liked her. Maybe it's because we're a lot alike in many ways. Maybe it's because I rushed to an opinion too quickly. She can still make my blood boil but for whatever reason, I still like her... That's more than I can say for the last five bosses I've had! We're making progress here! :)

No comments: