Sunday, August 17, 2008

Found Another One!

I have a song on my iPod that I heard on KSBJ (Houstonians will know the station) and really loved it. It's a song by a guy named Brandon Heath. Song title, "I'm not who I was"... I had never heard of him until I heard the song and really still didn't know much about him.

This morning we visited part of the Woodlands United Methodist Church called "The Loft." It's a more laid back worship experience with a good mix of older and younger adults. Music was good, preaching was just "okay". Well, I almost fell asleep during the sermon actually. That normally only happens to me at Operas.

So, guess who was the worship leader at The Loft? None other than Brandon Heath. He has a new CD coming out on Tuesday and he's performing songs tonight at The Loft in The Woodlands. I think we're going to go check it out. Oh, and Brandon won the Dove Award for Best New Artist this year. He's also on Reunion Records, home to the late, great master, Rich Mullins...

You can click this link to see the video for "I'm Not Who I Was". The embedding was disabled by Reunion Records on YouTube. Who does that??? Maybe I should go to work for a record company. I'm clearly an excellent judge of talent... :)

1 comment:

Kris said...

i love that song too. with little ears with me ALL the time (a home school mom) i have had to turn in my talk radio for Christian stations. i now love them

kw