Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to the Boss Woman!

Today, we switched the phone over to the answering service and all went to lunch at Lupe Tortilla for the boss' birthday. A lunch that ended up costing my Boo and I $65.00 since we each count individually when it comes to splitting the check. Of course, when it comes to giving, no one minds counting us as "one." But I digress.

So, we picked up balloons, a cake and all went to lunch. Everyone seemed to be having fun until the cake our receptionist picked up was brought to the table. The look on Miranda Priestley's, oops, the Boss' face was not pleasant. She scrunched up her face and before the cake could even be cut said, "Eww, I don't like this kind of cake." Yes, she was 45 today, if I'm not mistaken. Apparently another thing that the boss lady and I have in common is the type of icing we like. Buttercream only! None of that whipped crap. Yuck! So, we cut her a piece and she didn't even eat it. The receptionist explained that we asked her husband yesterday what kind of cake she liked and we got the exact thing he told us to get! Here comes the doozy of the day. Anna Wintour, I mean, the boss lady said, "He's such a f-c-k-ng d*mb*ss!" Geez Louise. It's a cake! My Boo left the A/C on 70 degrees all day but I think I'll keep him, know what I mean?? He occasionally forgets to set the alarm at night but I still think he hung the dang moon. Now, I will admit, he knows exactly what kind of cake I like and he also knows that WHIPPED ICING IS NEVER ALLOWED!! Maybe her husband never forgets to set the alarm...

3 comments:

Travis R said...

i have to agree, that whipped icing is awful, and should never be allowed on a cake. Chocolate cake can hit the road with that whipped icing too. Only vanilla cake, and only buttercream icing.

photog said...

Note to self: feisty 'bama princess and t.r. only like white cake with white buttercream icing. I'm sensing a little chocolate prejudice here.

Travis R said...

i could go the rest of my life without chocolate, and be just fine. Plenty of other things I could not do without, some worse for the body, but chocolate would not be something I missed.