Saturday, July 19, 2008

Random..

Beth, this blog is not for you...

I was just telling my Boo tonight that I really love John Mayer's songs. I think he's an excellent songwriter and musician. I just can't get over the fact that he's such a man-ho and...he dated Jessica Simpson!!!!! Who does that and why???? Ewwww.... In my mind, I think he just wants to sleep with as many girls and possible and all he cares about is how they look. I realize that may not really be true but that's just my view of him. (Whatever, it's totally true!) I'm not certain why this bothers me about him and not some of the other greats out there...

Rob Thomas - Great singer/songwriter...love him and, as far as I know, not a man-ho.

Elton John - okay, yes, he's somewhat of a man-ho too but I've been singing all of his great songs since I was a little kid so he's exempt...B-B-B-Benny and the Jets...!!

Rich Mullins - I don't need to say anymore. Perhaps the worlds greatest lyricist and musician. Although, I'm pretty sure he was smoking something at times.... :) Always was, always will be exempt especially since he's singing for Jesus now...

James Taylor - Major drug head at one point, but he's exempt too...Love him...

Billy Joel - He was married to the meanest of the Stepford Wives, Christie Brinkley, but, yeah, you guessed it. He's exempt too. Love him...

Paul McCartney - He was a Beatle, He wrote some of the greatest songs in history. Totally exempt even after that major Heather Mills misstep and letting his former wife, Linda, sing backup with Wings...

So, I guess it's just John that I have a problem with. I don't know why, it just is what it is. I'm sure he's devastated but maybe one day, after many, many great songs he too can be put on the "exempt list"...
I warned you that this post was totally "RANDOM"!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I luzz yoo. Please say you watch Project Runway.

Feisty 'Bama Princess said...

Ditto... Yes, I watch Project Runway. One day, before I had cable, I was at my Mom's and I watched an entire season in one day... I haven't caught the new season yet because I've been watching Flipping Out...That guy just cracks me up...