Saturday, July 5, 2008

"Timothy Stuff"...

I received the following weird e-mail yesterday from some moron who obviously has nothing better to do with his/her time. Normally, I take junk e-mail in stride but when they flat out threaten my life, I tend to get pissed about that. Here is the exact verbiage of the e-mail from some idiot called "TimothyStuffKiller@Gmail.com"..

I am very sorry for you , is a pity that this is how your life is

going to end as soon as you don't comply. As you can see there is no need
of introducing myself to you because I don't have any business with you,
my duty as I am mailing you now is just to KILL you and I have to do it
as I have already been paid for that.

But I give you a chance. Call my neighbor 315-678-1644 and say password "there is time to save my skin" and if that would sound convincing, I will forget about you.
Tell him this password for Timothy Sinclair (be sure it is not my real name).

WARNING: DO NOT THINK OF CONTACTING THE POLICE OR EVEN TELLING ANYONE
BECAUSE I WILL KNOW.

EEEKKK! I'm SO scared. I didn't call the number. I'm sure it's some poor person who could be getting mounds of unwanted phone calls. I googled "Timothy Stuff" and apparently others have gotten this same e-mail. I won't say here what I said when I replied to this moron but it was colorful and full of some simple grammar suggestions as well.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I received a similar email and sent it over to the FBI IC3 division. From what I can tell several people in the web are getting the same email. The current rumor is that someone hacked the monstor.com database. I have a resume there but that's all I've got to confirm the rumor. Sorry if the email ruined your day. I’m with you. I can’t understand the person who thinks this is funny. My advice: delete it and forget about it.

-Scott in Maryland

Anonymous said...

Hi

I'm from the UK and also recieved this email but from TimothyStuff@notos.burtonhosting.com.
I did report it to the police as this guy pissed me right off, how dare he!
He is now probably relishing in all the attention he is recieving. Lets see if he is laughing when he gets nicked!

Unknown said...

im in California and got the same email. I called the Newport Beach PD and they said I could file a report, but not much else. I was just happyt to find it online.

Unknown said...

I got the exact same message!! I really scared me too!! My brother is a cop in the computer crime unit and he researched it and said the FBI was already looking into it.

Kris said...

I know we are suppposed to ignore those things and that they are just scams, but it would kind of get under my skin. I guess that is why they do it. sorry!

kw

Anonymous said...

Likewise... First, thanks to everyone who posted before me for sharing.

I also just got this email and even though it looked like spam I felt uneasy, and I could not just forget it. What really creeped me out is that in the "to:" field next to my email address it actually list my first, middle, and last name all spelled correctly. My email address isn't even registered with my full name. So, like all of you have probably done googled it and was somewhat relieved to find all of your comments.

If someone hacked a resume database such as monster or careerbuilder (like someone previously posted) I guess they would have that information. In fact, I even remember changing my settings on both monster and careerbuilder to private. Another thing, It seems that some supposed job postings on those sites are phoney. If this is so why should jobseekers be subject to such misuse of their data. Don't these sites do anything to protect your information!!

Whatever the source of the info it is a blatant misuse. It is pathetic and disguisting that someone has taken to sending death threat spam!

Feisty 'Bama Princess said...

Well, I don't think it was monster.com or careerbuilder.com because they do not have the e-mail address that this e-mail was sent to.

Anonymous said...

Sorry everyone I also got the emails and yes some jobsites did get hacked. read below. There is another blog with more information
http://whocalled.us/lookup/5859913301

Hackers have turned the harvesting of personal information from Monster.com and other large US jobsites into a lucrative black market business

A Russian gang called Phreak has created an online tool that extracts personal details from CVs posted onto sites including Monster.com, AOL Jobs, Ajcjobs.com, Careerbuilder.com, Careermag.com, Computerjobs.com, Hotjobs.com, Jobcontrolcenter.com, Jobvertise.com and Militaryhire.com. As a result the personal information (names, email addresses, home addresses and current employers) on hundreds of thousands of jobseakers has been placed at risk, according to net security firm PrevX.

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2008/07/07/jobsite_data_hackharvesting_hack/

Anonymous said...

I got one today! i'm in northern california. he must have got it from monster.com. i just lost my job and now they got a hit on me!! what else could go wrong?

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I received the same mail on the 4th of july. I'm living in the south of the Netherlands and strangely enough I don't see anyone else on this site who lives here! It seemed like spam because the subject was :"Buy cocaine, heroine and other shit from Timothy Stuff." Anyway, I did report it to the police but I don't think they'll do much with it.