Thursday, September 4, 2008

RNC - Last Night...

I was sitting and actually enjoying McCain's speech so far when he was interrupted by a protestor in the crowd.  Despite his efforts, for a few brief moments, his spotlight was stolen.  Go Protestors!!  This is the third time I've seen this happen during the RNC prime time speeches. How did they even get in the building?

I also just saw a sign that said "Environmentalists for McCain."  I am laughing so hard right now. At least he's talking about alternative energy.  He's not attacking it hard enough but at least it's a blip on his radar.  I think we would see the big oil lobby win if he makes it to the oval office.  

So, I think he gave a classier speech than Palin.  She's so low class.  I think Cindy McCain summed it up when she called her a moose hunting, salmon fishing, hockey mom-ing, pistol packing something or other.  I think she meant it as a compliment.  Then, at the end of the speech during the balloon drop they actually played that old song by Heart, "Barracuda."  I think that's pretty accurate.  I just don't like her.  

McCain tried  to come across as the party of change and that he's a reformer.  He criticized the congress that he's been a part of for 26 years.  I don't buy any of that but I was the least upset after his speech than any other night this week.  No one can cast doubt about his service to America.  His character is strong although I believe he was somewhat of a womanizer himself. I think that speaks to character also (yes, even for Clinton).  I like that he encouraged Americans to get involved in their country but yet Palin attacked Community Organizers as pretty much useless.  That doesn't jive.  There was not enough talk about the economy, dealing with other countries, etc...  Everyone leading up to this speech was very partisan in their speeches until tonight.  Now all of a sudden we need to be non-partisan and reach out and share the credit?Hum...

Overall, it was a "C" speech in my opinion and he's still n0t even close to winning my vote.  

No comments: