Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Shopping After Ike

I made the short trek to our local H-E-B this morning only to find most of the shelves pretty empty. It looks like they haven't gotten a shipment since before the hurricane. I didn't find this unusual but it was a little scary seeing grocery store shelves so empty. I actually took a photo of the produce section when I first walked in the door. I was a little amazed. I've never seen anything like it..

You were in luck if you liked tomatoes! So, after getting a tip from my Boo's friend Binjo, we headed down to the Kroger about 3 miles away. They were well stocked and up and running! They had all the "keep cool" items like milk, eggs and cheese. You don't know how many worlds of meals this opens up to you until you don't have them!! Kroger also had gas at pre-hurricane prices!! I filled up with premium for $3.65/gallon! Plus, I had an additional .10 cents off for using my Kroger card so it was actually $3.55/gallon! The line for gas was orderly and quick because they had employees in the parking lot directing the traffic and helping to quickly move everyone along. So, we have food, gas (a full tank for at least one car!), power and A/C! Kroger, I am a customer for life!!

No comments: