Friday, April 4, 2008

Let's go to Washington DC!

Ok, so I'm thinking I will get on a plane and fly to Washington DC. I will head immediately to the National Archives and try my best to get at the Constitution and light in on fire and watch it go down in flames. Yes, I want to try to set the Constitution on fire. That great document that holds the foundations of our great country. This document that has so much meaning and that we trust will not fail us.

You might be asking, why would I want to try to do this? For those of you who know me, you probably think I've morphed into someone else or must be experiencing some kind of extreme bi-polar episode or something. After all, I love this country and all of the freedoms we enjoy and are supposed to be protected by documents like the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Well Friends, that's not it at all. I've just decided that if the damn President of the United States can effectively continue to burn up, stomp on, rip apart and spit on the Constitution then I can too! Hell, let's all do it. If you can't beat them, join them right? So, what is it that has me in such a twitter?

Well, I was reading in the paper today about how Michael Chertoff, the idiot who runs the Department of Homeland Security (what a freakin' joke) has used his powers to help the President's little border fence project. Basically, Chertoff, using sweeping authority, given to him by Congress, declared that "34 federal laws would be IGNORED in order to complete nearly 500 miles of fencing that will impact environmentally sensitive areas in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California." I was quoting the Chronicle editorial piece there. This move will allow them to keep building the fence in these areas without having to complete the environmental impact reports. Chertoff's quote was "Criminal activity at the border does not stop for endless debate or protracted litiration." "Congress and the American public have been adamant that they want and expect border security. We're serious about delivering it."

Excuse me???

Point #1: STOP TRYING TO USE SCARE TACTICS ON ME! I DON'T RESPOND WELL TO THEM AND IT JUST MAKES ME WANT TO KICK YOUR ASS EVEN MORE. I'M ALSO NOT STUPID ENOUGH TO BELIEVE YOU... MORON!!

Point #2 Did he ask the freakin' American public? I sure as hell haven't been asked anything but I guess why bother asking if you're just going to do whatever the hell you want anyway!

You know, our government was set up to have certain "checks and balances" in place. I'm not sure when "Executive Privilege" became the only check and balance but it's happened and we need to stop it now before it gets worse. We are on a very slippery slope and I cannot believe that we have not impeached George W. This is a power hungry, stop at nothing to get what we want administration and we need to stop them. George W. took an oath to "support and defend the constitution." Maybe we should have asked him to define his idea of "support and defend" prior to him taking office.

So, if the President can ignore the law, so can I! Let's burn it up people because George W. has 9 more months in office to do it for us. Do you think I could stay at the White House while I'm there???

No comments: