Sunday, April 6, 2008

Walter Scott, You, Yes You, Are A ButtHead!

Maybe I should cut this guy a break. Give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance to see the error of his ways....
I have said for years that the last form of acceptable discrimination in this country is against people who are overweight. Why? Because it is absolutely allowable for anyone in the public at large, media, Hollywood and others to keep exacerbating the stereotypes against us thereby exacerbating the discrimination. In other words, It's completely okay to make fun of us because it's socially acceptable and dare I say at some times it's socially expected.

The latest thing to totally piss me off is a question and answer I saw this morning while eating my breakfast of multi-grain waffles and orange juice before going to church. I was reading through Parade Magazine and saw this little display of how it's okay to assume that overweight people are sloppy....Here goes...

Q Why are most basketball players such sharp dressers, while football players look like slobs? —Richard B., Westfield, N.J.

A
Because it’s easier for tall, slim dudes to look stylish than it is for guys who are built like refrigerators.

Now, most people would read this and think nothing of it. I read it and think, "Gee, just one more idiot who thinks that it's okay to say this shit." You know if he had said something related to race or religion, he would have been blasted and he would be working on his public apology right about now. But no, no apologies for us because we're disgusting, sloppy, undisciplined people who deserve this kind of crap.

Needless to say, Walter Scott will be getting quite an e-mail from me and hopefully he will actually read it and see that he is part of the problem...
DAMN!! I was doing good in my efforts to not cuss too!!

No comments: