Monday, October 20, 2008

Fabulous Weekend!

I had a great weekend. Not only was the weather great but we had some fun activities as well. On Saturday, the Boo and I along with our friend Beth wandered on down to the Bayou City Arts Festival.  The Boo and I have gone several times and always find plenty of great art and usually go home with some nice tidbit that we enjoy.  One year it was a small clay mini dachshund that we decided to call "Art."  Art now lives on the bookshelf in our study.  This year, my Boo bought me two 10 x 10 prints from Austin artist Kathy Womack and her "Women and Wine" series.  I have no idea why these appeal to me so much since I'm not a skinny, well dressed, wine drinking woman but I love them.  Here are the two prints I got this weekend...

(Top) Tiara Tuesday 
(Bottom) Women & Wine Second Limited Edition
By Kathy Womack


I would love to have one of the $700 prints or maybe an original at $8,000 but the budget doesn't really allow for that just yet.  One day...  Jump on over to see more of Kathy's work. Then, on Sunday, after church, we went to do some pumpkin shopping.  I got some great pumpkins at Kroger and a huge mum from the Heeb.  My front patio is officially in fall harvest mode now.  (I love fall and fall harvest decor for those who may not know!)  Two pumpkins are for carving a little closer to Halloween.  Sunday evening we had dinner with the Boo's mom at Pei Wei and a nice cup of hot chocolate from Starbucks.  It was a great way to end a great weekend!

No comments: