Tuesday, October 14, 2008

So, What If Obama Were A Muslim??

Campbell Brown, CNN Correspondent, has an excellent article on CNN.com today. I felt that it was worth posting here on my blog. (Side Note: Campbell Brown is quickly becoming my new favorite political analyst since the untimely passing of the great Tim Russert who I enjoyed watching almost every Sunday.) I find it difficult to believe that this is still an issue. I find it difficult to believe that people still believe this nonsense. I also cannot believe that we are still such a racist country. I was at a hair appointment last week and I have known my hairdresser for many years. I know she's Republican. She feels that history will eventually show that Bush was a great leader and he will be praised for his leadership in the annals of time. I seriously doubt it. Last week, she told me there was only one reason she did not care for Obama. ONE reason. (Just for the record, I did not start this conversation.) So, what was that one reason? The fact that he's a Muslim. If my total exasperation had not exceeded my anger, I probably would have left. Are we really this gullible? Does no one bother to think for themselves any longer? If one were thinking and doing their own homework, they would find this is completely false. And people call ME the Conspiracy Theorist??!? Also, in my opinion, saying that someone is "Muslim" these days is just another term for saying "black" so we can attempt to hide our racism. Christians, we're the WORST!! We think that anyone who doesn't have the same faith that we do can't possibly hold the highest office in our nation. After all, we are a Christian nation and should be led by a Christian leader, right?? (Said with complete sarcasm by the way!) I realize these blanket statements do not encompass every American or Christian or Republican, Democrat or Independent. I'm just losing faith in us as a society. I've come across so many individuals lately who just seem unconcerned and are happy to be ill informed and misled. So, on to that post by Campbell Brown...



Rock on Campbell! I also give kudos to Senator McCain for correcting this person and taking the microphone out of her hand as soon as he heard it. That's what I have needed to see from him for months now. Doesn't change my vote but it heightens my opinion of him to a certain degree. Also, for those McCain voters, and you know who you are, who still want to talk about Obama being Muslim, Arab, whatever, your own candidate just said that's not factual. Please, for everyone's benefit, listen.

No comments: