Saturday, October 4, 2008

Justice Delayed

I realize that O.J. Simpson was not on trial again for the murder of his wife and Ron Goldman, but, somehow this feels like O.J. could finally get what he deserves. I heard that he was convicted on all 12 counts of armed robbery and kidnapping charges. The kicker? He could spend life in prison which is exactly what he deserved for murdering his wife and Ron Goldman. Yes, I realize he was found "not guilty" in that trial but let's also realize that he was guilty as sin. He had a great, highly paid legal staff who did what they were hired to do and ultimately, a prosecuting team that underestimated that legal team, the value of race over sex and failed the people.

I know, I know, he isn't "technically" guilty for murdering those two people! He cannot be tried again for that charge. I live with a lawyer, so I understand this fact. I get it, but I can't help but smile to think that his arse will be in prison instead of on the golf course. I can't help but think that the Brown and Goldman famalies are at least smiling somewhere even if it's only on the inside where only they can see...

No comments: